Monday, August 6, 2012

An early return

       I will be making a short return trip (3 weeks) to Ghana this October. I hope to make plans for my lengthy stay next year and take some steps towards self-reliance with the organization while I'm there.
       For roughly $500USD we can start using the industrial oven purchased late last year and they can start selling bread.
       I would also like to offer Beatrice, the woman who cooks for all the volunteers and children most days, $500USD to kickstart her own business by funding her first purchase of phone credit to sell to the volunteers/around Dodowa. Beatrice works exceptionally hard and could really use this extra income to help keep her young daughter Gifty in school.
       They can also, as always, use any donations for food. If you'd like to donate to any of these causes or if you're interested in contributing towards my cost of travel any donations would be much appreciated. I'll update more when as plans develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment